Palkova/ Theratipaal is a very delicious and lip smacking milk sweet famous in a southern part of India called SRIVILLIPUTHUR. The traditional palkova has a labor intensive procedure requiring lot of patience and experience as well, since my blog is all about recipes that are instant and simplified to help out beginners this recipe is also made in the same way. Here is a super easy and quick method to get to the yummy palkova with just 2 ingredients and all you need is just 10 minutes. The procedure is pretty simple and does not involve much of stirring or spluttering as it will be done in microwave but it also means you need to keep checking the oven very often and stand near by until the desired output is attained. So lets get to the making of instant palkova!
- Condensed milk – 1 tin
- Curd – 2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp (for greasing bowl)
- Pistachios – 1 (optional garnish)
How to make instant palkova with step by step images
- Grease a microwave safe wide bowl with little ghee. This step is very important as it eliminates palkova sticking to bowl and also keeps palkova soft.
- Add condensed milk and 2 tsp curd. Mix well.
- Now microwave for 2 minutes. Keep an eye on the bowl to make sure the mixture is not burning. After 2 minutes take the bowl out of the oven and mix well. The consistency if the mixture would change to little thin.
- Now microwave for 3 minutes. Keep checking the bowl after every 1 minute and give it a stir as well to avoid burning. This time the mixture would have curdled a bit.
- Now microwave for 2 minutes. Take the mixture out after 1 minute give it a stir then microwave again for another 1 minute which equals 2 minutes.
- The next step needs to be done carefully as the mixture will be bubbling drastically and can cause change in color very fast so make sure to keep an eye on the bowl for best results.
- So for the very last time microwave for 1 minute and then yummy palkova is ready! The mixture will be very hot so make sure to cool it a bit before serving! Store the remaining palkova in a bowl and it remains good for 2 to 3 days if maintained properly.