Kababs are cooked in skewers with meat and veggies usually on grill or barbecue. But for this recipe I chose very simple method making it easy for everyone to give it a try. I replaced skewers with toothpicks so that it can be consumed in a bite and I prepared it using tava replacing grill and barbecue. The veggies used in this recipe can be changed according to your taste. So lets thread them!
- Paneer cubes – 10
- Onion cubes – 10
- Green bell pepper cubes – 10
- Tomato cubes -10
- Squash slices – 10 (optional)
- Cherry tomato – 10 (optional)
Ingredients for marination
- Curd – ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste – ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Salt as needed
How to make Paneer kabab with step by step images
- Keep the veggies and paneer cubes ready.
- In a bowl add paneer cubes, curd ,ginger garlic paste, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix everything together and marinate it for 1 – 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Take each skewer or toothpick and thread the paneer cubes and veggies in the order that best suits your taste. ( paneer cube, onion, squash, tomato and capsicum)
- Heat oil in tava and place the skewer or toothpick one by one and cook them in medium flame so that it does not burn. When you see browning in the sides of the paneer flip it gently to the other side and cook till done. It took me 10 to 15 minutes. Take them off the heat and serve it hot!