Chicken masala dry is a mouthwatering spicy and aromatic dish where chicken pieces will be cooked in oil without adding water. Adding crushed garlic adds more flavor to this dish. I used sesame oil and regular oil for making this recipe as it helps in making the dish even tastier. This recipe is easy to make and requires no grinding of masala. Chicken masala dry goes well with chapati, roti and rice. So lets get to the making!
- Onion – 1
- Small Tomato – 1
- Crushed garlic – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves a spring
- Fried Cashew for ganish
- Cilantro for garnish
How to make chicken masala dry with step by step images
- Chop onion and tomato. Wash chicken thoroughly. Heat oil in a pan /kadai add cumin seeds, fennel seeds after it crackles add curry leaves, crushed garlic and chopped onion.; saute it well and add ginger garlic paste. Saute till the raw flavor goes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and all the dry powder including salt . Saute and cook.
- When the tomatoes get mushy add the chicken pieces and sauté it well.
- Cook the chicken in medium flame without adding any water with lid on. When chicken is fully cooked saute it well until all the moisture is gone and put off the flame when the masala becomes dry.
- Garnish it with fried cashew and chopped cilantro. Serve it hot with rice and curry of your choice!